Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"I got home late tonight but decided to go for a little 10 mile ride on my fixed wheel bike, just before the rain came. I got caught in a shower for about the last 10 minutes of the ride. It was hot, humid and unsettled, but you could feel the static in the air even though there was a stiff breeze. Although I am shockingly unfit, puffed, blew and sweated in torrents, it was great.

Coming down Toners Lane the sky was all grey and foreboding but looking south east I could see long green grass in the foreground, then the town, with the power stations in the background, the Jeeralangs behind them and the slate grey sky above. Even though my hometown isn't what it was, even though the clouds were about to burst, I didn't want to be anywhere else on the planet.

It simply looked and felt fantastic. I wish I had my camera with me tonight."
classic1


No comments:

Post a Comment